Davis Wolves Change School Colors ?
- Posted: Sunday, March 04, 2012 02:29:35 PMI wonder what the Davis Wolves will look like next season when they run out on the field with their new silver helmets and silver pants.
Did the Superintendent, or was it the High School Principal, possibly the Athletic Director, I guess it could have been the Local School Board, how about the football coaches, or mabey someone will blame the Cheereader Coach.
I went to Ada to watch the Davis girls play roundball. The Davis team came out on the floor to warm up and I really did not know it was Davis. The team warming up had on solid BLACK warmup tops. 11 of the girls wore BLACK SOCKS. 2 others wore GRAY SOCKS. One girl did not wear any type stockings.
These BLACK SHIRTS included the girl's individual name on the back written in a red (bingo, an original school color of the Davis Wolves). The BLACK SHIRTS had the girl's uniform number on them in red and outlined in white (bingo, again - let's see, white is the other school color of the Davis Wolves). The game shorts of the Davis girl's basketball team had two BLACK STRIPES complimenting a much smaller red stripe. (Remember, red and white, have been the school color scheme for the Wolves since 1910) What is happening?
Then the Davis School introduced its new color scheme for the 2012-2013 school year. The cheerleader came parading in the gym and let their presence be known by mingling around in the bleacher area amongst their fans with their BRIGHT SILVER AND RED with a little white mixed in.
These cheer uniforms had a giant capital 'D' on the chest in SILVER. There were SILVER stripes down the sides.
I read the post about Davis sporting a new look within the confines of Wolf Field, but it really makes this fan furious that someone can change the school colors without notification of some sort, somewhere.
If I remember correctly, Jack Kapella would not allow the cheer squad to wear silver and red uniforms. He said that the school colors of Davis were red and white.
I think the Davis girls basketball team should get back to basics and wear red and white. I think the Davis cheer squad should wear red and white.
I heard a couple of concerned fans talking about speaking to the school board about this. I hope the board listens. This is sick!
- Posted: Sunday, March 04, 2012 02:43:47 PMWoodland Warrior, It's funny that you posted this as I was at the game in question. I too saw the silver and black colors being worn by the Davis teams. My brother attended the game with me and I asked him if Davis now had a third color. His reply was this is our new world and the kids dictate change.
He said at OSU they now have 99 different color schemes in their uniforms and 79 of them suck!It’s hard when your father’s the coach. Sometimes you don’t know where one leaves off and the other begins.’ Pete Maravich
My life had no meaning at all. I found only brief interludes of satisfaction. It was like my whole life had been about my whole basketball career.’ Pete Maravich
- Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 12:58:33 PM
]I think the Davis girls basketball team should get back to basics and wear red and white. I think the Davis cheer squad should wear red and white.
I think, you think too much!!!
- Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 04:07:48 PMMe know why Wolf school want to change to silver and red. Silver will match last four trophy collected in final games played. Davis is silver team until it happens different.
Mr. Woodland, me think like you. Me think school color should be something that show pride.
Me not think Marietta Indians would wear some other color.
Me talk to man who make tires and he say he believe it is change made by school.
- Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 07:05:08 PMI'm sure this is just an act of ''sarcasm'' being aimed at something I know nothing about. I haven't heard a word about any of this. I do remember one year when a local rancher offered the football coach a brand new astro turf football surface if the school would consider orange and black uniforms. Now this is true, you can check it out with Coach Raper, he was coaching here with Coach Hoy when this happened.
- Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 11:17:02 PMLet's leave all this color changing alternate uniforms to the boys on Saturday. Coalgate has tried to add black to their ''color scheme'' and it's just plain upsetting. They also like to add that Chik Fil A (Cincinati Bearcat) looking logo around. All I can say about that is leave the chicken sandwiches to the restaurant company thats closed on Sunday. I honestly don't think Coach Weber will allow any uniform changes in Wolf Country(via mobile)
- Posted: Friday, March 09, 2012 12:28:40 PMYou won't see the football team wearing BLACK,SILVER, or anything but RED/WHITE because that program will hold true the tradition and the true colors. IMO
Yes, woodland, blame falls on an AD that doesn't honor anything that makes Davis what is it. There is no longer discipline, control, or leadership. That's why it is said elsewhere on this site that the nuts are running the asylum. Kapella wouldn't have stood for any of it, and with his departure so went the backbone.
- Posted: Friday, March 09, 2012 01:20:16 PMI thought Davis was red, black, and white trim. I saw the school emblem associated with the Wolves on CoachesAid's school page and the Capital 'D' is red, black, and white!
Plainview at some point and time did the same thing as Davis. They incooperated that third color black into its color scheme also. Davis must be a school that is mostly made up of OSU fans since all these colors have come into play in their color scheme. Replace the orange and red and everything is the same.
Are the Sulphur Bulldogs red and white or have they too placed black in their school uniforms? I think Tishomingo was supposed to be red and white and seems I remember black in thier suits too. Do I remember black in the Purcell Dragon scheme now?
Come to think of it I never remember seeing anything but red and white in the football program at Davis.
Oh well, who really cares?
- Posted: Monday, March 12, 2012 11:17:03 AMat Tish, we are Red, Black, and White.....