4A Girls 2013-2014 Girls Preseason Rankings
- Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 05:36:08 PMDitto! Should be a great tournament coach!!!
- Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2013 01:55:49 PMDid anybody watch any of the scrimmages at Bixby yesterday? I heard Inola and Roland looked good. I know there was some other 2a, 3a, and 4a schools there and was wondering who else looked good?
- Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 09:02:48 AMHad a chance to watch Anadarko practice nice team, just undersized but will be very competitive!
- Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:40:00 AMWatch out for Berryhill out of the east. I dont know this coach but his up tempo style will give some teams some problems, and they can shoot it. I wathced them yesterday versus Tulsa Memorial at Memorial. They beat Memorial the first 4 quarters and tied one and lost one. Memorial is no slouch, probly the 2nd best 5A team on this side of the state. Berryhill will surprise some people, I dont know if the have the goods to get to the big house, but they will make a great run to get there.
- Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:58:34 AMVictory Christian is possibly the best shooting team in 4A, dont know if they can play enough defense to win it all but they can score from all over the court.
- Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 01:01:42 PMT-Town: I have been a fan of Southern Oklahoma sports for a number of years. I always look forward to seeing your rankings. You're usually pretty accurate but I would have to disagree with the #4 ranking of Plainview. Like Sportsfan34 said, they didn't even make it out of their 3A Area last yr. They don't return all the starting 5 from last yr either. They had 2 sr's on that team. Now they had 2 freshmen last yr that pretty much carried that team; very good players but I hear this yr they have a freshman that is probably the best player of the 3. No doubt they will be a good team but the schedule they play is very weak! IMO, their schedule doesn't give them enough competition to get them prepared. Just look at last yr when they were ranked #6 and played #1 Sulphur. Sulphur beat them by about 40 and it could have been worse. Looks like to me Plainview's coach wants to get the wins so his record will look good and get ranked high based on his winning schedule not strength of schedule. I've always agreed with Drover22 that strength of schedule should be a factor in the rankings. Plainview's first 3 games of the season are very weak and then they play in their own tourney which he always sets up the bracket in his favor, making sure he makes the finals. He usually loads up the bracket opposite him with the best teams so they can battle it out. (Just ask Turner about that.) Now the one tourney addition of the Ardmore Holiday Festival should give the team some competition to play. Up until the last several yrs he used to play in the OBU & SNU tourneys but I guess he got tired of getting beat so he got out of those and got into weaker tourneys. He probably won't have any problem beating the competition around Southern Oklahoma but the 4A playoffs is were he will run into problems; 4A in TOUGH! Just hope the student section learned from last yr to keep their mouths shut especially during playoffs. Last yr in the Area Consolation Championship against Lindsay (winner to state, loser goes home), Plainview had about a 4 pt or so lead and the student section starting chanting ''Sulphur Sucks!'' (Yes, Sulphur not Lindsay. From what I heard, Sulphur girls were there to watch the game b/c they would play the winner in the 1st round of State). And just right after that chant started,Lindsay went on a 9-0 run to win the game. Hard lesson to learn! Good luck to Plainview and all of Southern Oklahoma in all classes. Always want to see Southern Oklahoma represent!!
- Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 01:22:20 PMSouthernOKsportsfan,
Wow! That's a interesting piece of reading! I have a couple of questions. First, is their a rift between you and the plainview coach or the way he runs his team? Second, Do you think that Plainview has a legitimate chance to making it to state? I've watched them last year and this summer during camp they looked pretty solid. Maybe, the coach and team learned the errors of their ways! I don't know the answer to that question, I'm just speculating on what changed from the season to summer camp. What do you think southernOKsportsfan???
- Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 01:34:58 PMsouthernOKsportsfan,
I agree with you strength of schedule should matter, but their is no way to regulate the stregnth of schedule! I've seen over the years how some not all but some coaches manipulate the system to favor their teams! From the sources I've talked to they say thats why okranking is not use and now the OSSAA monitors the rankings now. What do you think southernOKsportsfan???
- Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 03:15:59 PMOblivion: Sorry if i struck a nerve with you. Just stating facts. And the answers to your questions: First - No, i don't have a rift at all with the Plainview coach nor do i care how he runs his team. I have just noticed the change in his strength of schedule. Second - Like i stated, Plainview will have a good team and they have as legitimate of a chance as any good team to make it to state. It will just be tougher for them in 4A than 3A. And third - i disagree they can't help their schedule. The AD & Head Coach schedules non conference games. Also, t-town thinks they returned everyone from last year when in fact they lost 2 sr starters. So there you go - that's what i think!
- Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 04:18:39 PMSouthernOKsportsfan,
You didn't strike a nerve with me just seem you have a problem with Plainview or their coach! You just came off pretty negative about Plainview. Plus, you have only posted two posts something just don't add up with all the hostility. Also, thats your fight with Plainview because I'm sure Plainview fans will have something to say about your negative post!