Top Players in 4A
- Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 11:20:17 PMStart the list who do I need to see. I see a lot of the lower classes not 4A
- Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2011 03:30:04 PMZach Jackson of Berryhill will be a good one to watch. Saw him play last year in the Owasso Pro Nine against Jenks and he stroked a 3 run shot over the scoreboard to put Berryhill up. Pretty sure he's just a JR also...
- Posted: Sunday, October 09, 2011 02:44:41 AMI was at that game. He also pitched a great game! I agree hes a good one to watch. Does Berryhill have any other upperclassmen too watch this year besides Jackson?
- Posted: Monday, October 10, 2011 02:11:38 PMHey.....I wouldn't say sunthing if it wasn't sunthing, ok....When talking about the top players in 4A baseball for the spring 2012......You have to put these two guys down as players to track, scout, review as to determining who the top players are....Not saying they are the TOP just saying you can't make that list without a peak at these guys.
Jake Scroggins-Byng- (2nd base, lead off, 2hole) on the list of players to investigate. Jake will graduate spring 2012 (senior) Very good bat. High baseball IQ. Very good student (4.0 I believe). good speed for highschool, a little heavy footed suntines....good arm strenght at his position can field his position with the best. Great Range... Dis guy would bat 1 or 2 in my all 4a lineup. He can swing the bat. 450 plus hitter against good pitching.
Reid Wall-Byng- Wall is just a sophomore....I'm telling ereyone right now.....he is the real deal. A very good pitcher with very good velocity, great movement and location command. Wall plays shortstop very well. Alot of range and good arm strength across the field. This Wall guy will be one of the players to watch as far as top players.. But here is the kicker......this guy is going to get better....A great frame. Still growing and maturing. Very good bat skills.
Hey, I wouln't say sunthing if it weren't sunthing. Ok.
- Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:42:35 AMI agree with Domingo!!!
- Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 01:09:14 PMSome of the top players west of Oklahoma City that i saw play last year
Dillion Freie- Anadarko
Tanner Dearman- Anadarko
Ben Perez- Clinton
Devin Ring- Clinton
Trey Mckinsey- Clinton
Cole Davis- Piedmont
Palmer Ferris- Piedmont
Talon Watkins- Weatherford
Cache, Tuttle, and Blanchard should have a few good ones as well i just cant remember there names
- Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 10:43:55 PMDefending State Champs can't get no love?
The two pitchers who won the final two games of the state tourney are returning for their senior season. Not MLB prospects by no means, but very good high school pitchers who will be even better with the new bat restrictions.
Locust Grove will definitely not be as good as the previous season, but these two guys are capable of beating any team on any given day.
- Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 07:46:50 PMyour right about locust grove..they didn't get any love last year either and then they won the whole thing..and i don't know why they weren't ranked higher especially when you have a draft pick as high as them...any 4a school down with pitching like that needs to be a top ten team...and as far as top players the shelley kid and bailey are both college pitchers, maybe not d1 but could go to any juco or d2 and do well and who knows they may even be d1 after its all said and done especially the shelley kid in my opinion has a lot of upside with the way he slings it without any effort...just my opinion..bailey is good tooI got a P.h.d. Player hater degree!!
Savage Baseball fan
- Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 04:01:36 PMBroken Bow has a couple of good kids. The Bates kid may have already signed with Carl Albert. Zack Smith center field has excellent speed and very consistant with the bat. He will probably be in lead off spot this year. He also exhibits good base stealing capabilities. Look for Broken Bow to be in the the hunt this again this year.
- Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 01:40:06 PMI agree that Broken Bow should be one of the top teams in 4A this year. I watched them in the Rattan Tournament and they have a lot of good arms. A lot coming back too. With the pitching that they have they will be hard team to beat.