Top teams 2013-2014
- Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 11:50:11 PMIf Coyle stays in Class B they are my pick next year. Other teams that might be good next year? Seems like there will be alot of reloading....
- Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 09:57:24 AMHow many starters return for Coyle?
- Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 09:58:51 AMThe defending champs will have their, probably the best player in class B (top ten in the state), back next year.
Sting Like A Bee
- Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 11:13:09 AMSeems as if Forgan and Arnett will probably be two of the favorites again. Coyle lost 4 of its top 6 players. Their 7th and 8th man were both Freshmen. If the Brown kid grows anymore and progresses and the young kids improve I could see them being about a 20-win team. Of course, traditionally, there's a lot of players coming and going at Coyle. Take this year for example. Guthrie's PG and best player, Jarrick Warren, grew up in the Coyle SD and averaged 20 points a game as a Freshman there before leaving for Guthrie. Had he stayed, Coyle probably would have won A last year and rolled in B this year. On the flip side, they got a move-in mid season this year(Harris) who had played ball in Chicago and made a big difference on this team. Anything can happen with this program, but with the material they have now, I'd see a preseason ranking of 12-15. Decent chance they might bump up to A as well.
Sting Like A Bee
- Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 11:44:47 AMPokes, those two West teams seemed to have the most returning talent. Where was I on Coyle this year? I was exactly where I shoulda been. I said the whole second semester, after Harris moved in, that Coyle, RO, Forgan and Arnett were the top 4 contenders, and that proved to be the case. Red Oak was probably 4th in that group, and the other 3 probably could've all beat eachother on given nights. Arnett just had the easiest road, but weren't given anything. They did beat Forgan by 19 in the Area Finals. BTW, I was 7-0 in my game predictions in the B state Tourney this year.
- Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 12:39:14 PMSting, I was 6-1 and one of us is being honest.
- Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 01:23:10 PMArnett will be the preseason Number 1 and should be by what they accomplished this year and the fact they have the top 2 players coming back. Number 2 is Forgan they have a lot coming back and were very talented just did not play good the last 2 weeks. Red Oak is Number 3 because they are Red Oak good year in and year out. I will put Mulhall number 4 and Coyil at number 5. I would put Sickles at Number 6, they had a tough Area tournament and got their youth battle tested. Their best player is only a freshman and will get better over the summer plus they have 2 very solid 8th graders coming and a return 3 starters. I just think they could suprise a lot of people next year. I also think they would have been in the state tournament this year if they could have went southwest.
Sting Like A Bee
- Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 08:14:38 PMPokes, you love calling me out even though you've been dead wrong on every disagreement we've had on here this year. Believe what you may, but most of the State games were no brainers, except for the 3 Coyle games and I believe I posted the correct outcome beforehand on all three. I took Coyle by 5 over Forgan, by 10 over RO, and I took Arnett by 5 in the Finals.
- Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 07:03:14 PMBallcoach , Who is the two top players for Arnett? I know Tune but the other one would be a hard guess between four other players.
- Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 12:35:28 AMI have to get a shout out to the Northeast and will say Bluejacket will be top ten next year...have alot of size, coaches son is very good and will be a junior, senior Pete McVay returns, scored 46 on Cave Springs last game in playoffs.. ifa couple guys step I think they could be top 5 material.