2A girls State Capsules
- Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 10:03:25 AMOk I have to say there was a huge mistake made by the CA staff on the Tonkawa girls preview. I have seen Tonkawa play several times this season and to not include the McAreavey girl in their top players is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard. She is their leading scorer and hit the game winner to send them to state. Somebody please explain this to me.
- Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 10:28:12 AMI thought the same thing. Probably just an honest mistake.
Oktaha's state tourny history is one thing that jumped out at me. They've won state a couple of times, but their total record in the first round is something like 3-15 (I didn't do the exact math). That just seems amazing to me
- Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 12:19:44 PMThats because of an easy schedule and nice road in the playoffs almost every year.
- Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 12:45:22 PMThey play some tough tournaments. They have defeated Frontier 3 times and Copan 2. In case you don't know Frontier won the state title for 1A and Copan was at the state tournament for 1A too. I have seen them play and they play good defense and they don't make mistakes.
- Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 12:47:16 PMSnyder probably has the easiest draw in the top half of the bracket. They should have a cakewalk over Colcord. Too quick, too fast and too much big game experience. Colcord is just happy to be at state.
- Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 12:59:49 PMI couldn't agree more Rangerfan, seems coachesaid staff maybe slacking a bit on going out and actually watching this team. The McAreavey girl has been really there most consistent player all season. I would just go off of what the Oklahoman has on their capsule, they seemed to have got it right.I'm ready to shoot RIGHT NOW
- Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 01:35:59 PMYour right lovesports, they played a little tougher THIS year.
- Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 01:50:32 PMI'm confused by you guys' comments. Oktaha is the one with the terrible state record outside of 2 state championships, not Tonkawa. Tonkawa's never been to state before this year. Someone said something about Frontier and Copan. That's Tonkawa's opponents, not Oktaha's. I think lovesport misunderstood slyfox's comment and slyfox just went with it...