cream of the crop
- Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 03:22:45 PMI have been reading the post's on coachesaid, and would like to say im a little confused.
when everyone was picking the area winners I read stuff like Morris and Verdgris not Adair, also Millwood and Sulphur with Millwood being Area champs. The State championship will be up for grabs this week. picks have been made and Im not sure if anyone is credit to the teams in Northeast Oklahoma. Lets look at this in 4A you have Vinta, 3A you Have Salina, Adair, and Kansas. 2A Colcord, all of these teams have played each other and tough schedules.
And yet when picks come out Kansas is the only team to earn the respect on here. I think you all may be surprised come Thursday. Adair and Salina both are good teams and I believe have a great chance to win. Adair walked through the area when no one had them picked !!!!!!
Salina finished second to Kansas as picked !!!!! Looking Forward to Thursday !!!!!
Im sorry not sure if any of these teams did play Vinita.
- Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 06:12:42 PMfrom what ive seen.
only one person has picked sulphur to beat salina! and lets not forget sulphur a little better than what people give them credit for!
- Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 06:59:41 PMOK rim_shot here it goes just for you. I pick Verdigris, Salina, Adair, and Kansas. I didn't know who VINTA was so I went with Verdigris.
I'm kinda worried about Prague and Millwood too! But I picked who you wanted.
Bring the Heat
- Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 09:32:54 AMSalina wasnt even the best team on the court in there win over Wilburton in the Area con. game so I would think it would be hard to pick them.
- Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 12:52:03 PMJay is in there also. Kansas played Adair x2 Jay x3, Colcord x3 and Salina x3 won.
Kansas, Colcord and Salina all lost to Jenks in Tournament.
Adair beat Salina, split with Colcord and lost to Vinita x2 and Kansas x2.
Salina beat Jay and lost to Adair and Kansas x3.
Colcord split with Adair and lost to Kansas x3.
Jay lost to Salina, Vinita x2 and Kansas x3.
Vinita beat Jay x2 and Adair x2
Think that's it, sorry if it's not... Here is how I would Rank them in the Northeast: Kansas, Vinita, Adair, Salina, Colcord and Jay. JMO
- Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 01:18:32 PMVinita, Jay, Kansas, Colcord, Adair and Salina all are in the state tournament in their respective divisions and are within 30 miles of each other. They routinely either play or scrimmage each other. In my opinion this level of competition has made each of them stronger and more prepared for the tough games once the playoffs start.
- Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 05:28:03 PMThank you for understanding what I was trying to say, But the point I was really trying to make was this If everyone on this site truely believes Kansas will be in the finals, then don't count out Adair or Salina because anyone of these teams could beat the other at any time.
Now im not taking away from Sulphur, Prague, or Millwood they all are great teams !!!!!!
My wish for the finals are simple being from Salina I would love to see an Adair Salina Championship game.
What I think will happen is this Kanasa beats Chandler, and Adair beats Millwood with Adair playing for the championship, this is based off of how Adair has played the last two weeks.
Sulphur beats Salina and Prauge beats Virdigris, with Sulphur beating Prague to play Adair in the championship game. Winner of that game and it will be a great game will be Sulphur.
Good luck to all teams and fans !!!!!!!!!!!
- Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 11:09:04 AMrim_shot-- good observations. I also believe the Northeast can hold their own. There are some pretty good programs that seem to keep rising to the top. There were several more that were right on the edge also.
- Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 11:57:10 AMI'd say Kansas has the respect because the seniors they have on the floor have beaten Salina 9 out of 9 in four years. They haven't lost to Adair in two years, and Jay has beaten them once in 4 years. Seems as though they come out on top the vast majority of the time. They are 8-0 this season against those particular state tourney teams. Close games or not, Kansas has proven that they can close out in the 4th quarter.
- Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 11:57:53 AMBTW, I might be wrong on some of those numbers, but I'd say they're fairly accurate.