A Dad's emotional rollercoaster
- Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 11:54:27 PMas some might know...., tonight, channel 2's big al jerkens and bob hurley ford held a banquet at the channel 2 news studio to honor the 10 ford award winners through the 2011 regular season. Each player was honored at the front of the room by al jerkins, pat jones, and that particular player's coach, coupled with a speech or some kind words regarding their player. during this process, I had the oppertunity to meet and talk to wagoner coach, dale condict for the first time. In brief, we spoke some about...., yes, ours truly, "coachesaid", among other football stuff. he and KP were called up to the honor podeum right after Cole and Meier, and as soon as coach condict stepped up to the front....., he too made reference to cole and the great player that he feel's he is, to the entire room.....WOW!!! He didnt in anyway have to say that, but on his own recognence, provided those kind sentiments toward my kid. that is about as classy and unselfish as you can get. "Wagoner"..... ur coach is definately a class act, and I'm glad I got the oppertunity to meet him. during the conclusion of the banquet, big al jerkins was to name the ford player of the year and as we got to that point, i had already gotten a little to the emotional side from the coach's words directed at my son, whom i know meier feels like is one of his own as well, when at that point, big al announced "cole scheulen, representing catoosa, is the 2011 ford award player of the year." WHAT!!! I just about fell out of my chair!! of course, being the video person.., i had to keep my composure for a minute, but there shortly after, no doubt, ended up succumbing to the emotions over what had just happened. so u see..., just a short week and a half ago was having to deal with the agony of the semifinal loss, and here tonight dealing with the thrill of the award win for him, and the emotions that came with it. Truly an emotional rollercoaster that is wearing me out. lol!! i was extremely happy for him!! for him to win that with so many great athletes in that room.., was an un-explainable feeling. he was truly surprised, but something i think he really needed..... it was the first time i saw him smile with that kind of joy since the glenpool win......... i got to meet and breifly talk to the majority of all those athletes as the banquet concluded, and were all very polite and respectful with there words. They all seem like great kids.
- Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2011 12:18:41 AMSharing a story like this makes ME proud to be associated with everyone that post here on these forums. Your son deserves such an accolade. And the fact that he won with the caliber of athlete that was no doubt present makes it even more impressive. Congratulations to you and your son on winning such a prestigious award. Hope that he gets a chance to continue his career somewhere. You can't measure heart and he definitely has plenty of that. Much respect to you Cole's dad, his accomplishments are no doubt a by product of the good job you've done in guiding him thus far...All of this, of course, is just one man's opinion...
- Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2011 02:02:34 AMCongrats to Cole. He earned it. And yes Coach Condict and Kevin Peterson are both class acts, we are proud to have them as Bulldogs. Coach Condict called me on the way to the studio so I was watching channel two and got to see Cole on TV He must have got his good looks from his mom ...lol Just kidding. Hope he gets to play on Saturday next year. And quit crying someone might see you...lol Belive me I have shed my fair share of tears this week also it has been an emotional week in Wagoner, but those tears of joy are the best. Congrats again Best wishes.Roy Williams X Collar, get the touchdown and go home safely! Thexcollar.com
Heart of a Champion
- Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2011 07:26:07 AMThat's outstanding Danny!
I can only imagine how you felt in that moment. I know that you are very proud of Cole and you should be, he's a great player and he had a dream season....one in which all of K2C will always remember.
Congrats to Cole on the award and a remarkable season...if you think that was emotional, wait until Signing Day and Graduation.
Significant days...for one is proud moment and the other a sad one.(via mobile)
- Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2011 08:49:31 AMCongratulations! (I'm so glad to read that I'm not the only one that sheds tears over my athlete...lol) It is truly blessings from our Creator bestowed upon our children, and grace given to us as parents. Excuse me now while I go wipe my eyes after reading these posts!
- Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2011 08:55:55 AMOk, Ok. ... now it's all serious. dern it. Congrats, and good posts!
- Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2011 09:30:49 AMThanks for sharing that great news!! Congrats to Cole and all the Catoosa FB family!! You are correct about Dale Condict. A fella would have to look far and wide to find a better person than Coach Condict.
- Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2011 02:56:12 PMCongrats to Cole!!!! We deserved honor for an excellent football player and from what i've heard an even better person.
- Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2011 05:27:44 PMDanny, what did I tell you.....''his efforts were not wasted''. Way to go Cole....congratulations!!! Now doesn't that just make for a great capper! As to coach Condict, I cannot say enough good about him. We are truly blessed to have him in our community. I hope the man never leaves.
- Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2011 07:23:11 PMI just read all of ya'lls posts on here + all that I can say on top of thank u for the kind and supportive words is that u all....(dastr8skilz, BdogDad, Heart, Icy, Tigertooth, Crack-a-lackin, Bigmoose1, Machspeed, dawgsdad, warriorfan, and everyone else that is so supportive the way u are.....''OLD FASHION GOOD PEOPLE''!!! The definition of class and what makes this site a joy to sit in on. Again..., everyone of u....just good people!!! Yeah, its funny that one of u said ''now u got to stop crying...,someone is going to see u''. Last night I was talking to my daughter callie about the banquet and how exciting it was, and she said...., ''yeah, mom said that u got a little emotional''. And I told her, well maybe a little, and she replied with.., thats what happens when u get old. I Tried to make her understand that it was because they are my kids and whether its good or bad with them, it will cause me to be a little emotional......, she said, yeah maybe part of it, but mainly because ur getting old. Whats up with that