Rankings remix Sept. 28, Valor Christian No. 5
Every Monday morning, you will be able to find CoachesAid.com's updated football rankings. Read on to find out what teams moved where from last week's rankings. Here are Colorado latest polls.
1. Mullen (4-0) enjoys bye week to prepare for rest of league season
2. Pomona (4-0) gets first real test and narrowly passes with 34-26 win over Bear Creek
3. ThunderRidge (4-0) impressive again with 42-20 win over Arapahoe
4. Arvada West (4-0) 20-6 over Regis to hold steady
5. Fort Collins (4-0) beat rival Poudre 40-21
6. Fairview (4-0) makes statement with 50-18 rout of Horizon
7. Chatfield (4-0) moving up the ladder following 16-13 nail-biter over No. 2 Columbine
8. Chaparral (4-0) moves into rankings as one of state's unbeatens following 47-10 romp over Rampart
9. Columbine (3-1) gets a dent after dropping 16-13 decision to No. 9 Chatfield
10. Grandview (3-1) falls to Eaglecrest 19-16 in another top 10 upset
NOTES: Two huge upsets took place over the weekend as No. 2 Columbine was tripped up by Chatfield and No. 4 Grandview fell to Eaglecrest. Both games were close. … Nevertheless, Columbine and Grandview drop in the rankings below all the undefeated teams...That allows Chaparral to move into the state's elite as the Wolverines are tied atop the Southern standings with ThunderRidge at 4-0. … Overland drops out of rankings and the unbeaten ranks by falling to Cherry Creek 29-18.
1. Wheat Ridge (4-0) another shutout, this time 29-0 over No. 7 Dakota Ridge
2. Greeley West (4-0) 39-6 over Loveland in impressive fashion
3. Pine Creek (4-0) among the elite in the class following 35-0 rout of No. 4 Fountain-Fort Carson
4. Longmont (4-0) still among state's best with 41-7 demolition of Fossil Ridge
5. Pueblo West (4-0) blasts Widefield 41-7
6. Heritage (3-1) routs Denver North 51-0
7. Durango (4-0) not going unnoticed despite having a bye week
8. Monarch (4-0) enjoys first week in top 10 with 42-0 blanking of Prairie View
9. Montrose (4-0) Western Slope club gets come love as Indians score more than 31 or more for fourth consecutive game with 33-7 demolition of Golden
10. Fountain-Fort Carson (4-1) takes a step back after 35-0 drubbing by Pine Creek.
NOTES: The game of the week came near the top of the top 10 between No. 3 Pine Creek and No. 4 Fountain-Fort Carson. The Eagles made a laugher of this one with a 35-0 decision over the Trojans, who drop all the way to No. 10. … Dakota Ridge falls out of rankings following second loss, a 29-0 defeat to No. 1 Wheat Ridge. … Big game forthcoming this week although of the nonleague variety: Montrose at Pueblo West.
1. Mountain View (4-0) keeps it going with 21-7 win over always-tough Sterling
2. Steamboat Springs (4-0) Sailors score more than 40 again with 42-12 win over Eagle Valley
3. Windsor (4-0) is one of premiere teams following 44-0 romp over Fort Lupton
4. Canon City (4-0) not pretty, but effective in 13-9 win over No. 6 Pueblo East
5. Valor Christian (4-0) is for real with 42-17 win over Evergreen
6. Pueblo Central (4-0) rare 4-0 start after blasting Thornton
7. Pueblo County (3-1) back to 3A competition and clubs Alamosa 40-21
8. Silver Creek (3-1) breaks into top 10 after impressive win over Fort Morgan
9. D'Evelyn (3-1) hammers Skyview 52-7
10. Centaurus (3-1) moves back in with 42-0 romp over No. 10 Summit
NOTES: Perennial playoff participant Fort Morgan falls out of rankings completely after losing second game of season, this time a loss to Silver Creek. … Pueblo East, which lost its starting QB Dre Hall for the season and looked average without him, falls out of rankings after losing to Canon City. … Silver Creek moves into top 10 for first time, while D'Evelyn returns with third consecutive win after opening season with one-point loss to Valor Christian. … Centaurus, which lost its opener 14-13 to Pueblo Central, returns to the rankings by ripping No. 10 Summit for its third consecutive win.
1. Olathe (4-0) pummels Roaring Fork 34-7 to keep top ranking
2. Platte Canyon (4-0) survives high-scoring 43-33 win over No. 7 Classical Academy
3. Faith Christian (4-0) a breeze with 63-0 whitewash of Middle Park
4. Holy Family (3-1) 31-6 over Erie in a test
5. Florence (4-1) wins fourth in a row with 47-0 pounding of Dolores Huerta on the road
6. Erie (3-1) drops from No. 2 after falling 31-6 to No. 5 Holy Family
7. Classical Academy (3-1) not quite ready for prime time after falling to No. 3 Platte Canyon 43-33
8. Kent Denver (3-1) second consecutive shutout blowout 57-0 over Sheridan
9. Bayfield (5-0) 30-7 over Centauri
10. The Academy (4-0) slides into rankings with unblemished mark following 15-10 win over The Pinnacle
NOTES: A shuffle takes place in the top 10 as Erie and Classical Academy falls into the bottom five after losing to the Nos. 2 and 3 teams in the state. … Bayfield is the lone 5-0 team in the class and moves up one spot to No. 9, while The Academy breaks into the top 10 by winning its fourth consecutive game without a loss.
1. Akron (4-0) keeps streak alive with 31-14 win over rival Limon
2. Yuma (4-0) wins 33-6 over Lyons in clash of unbeatens and top 10 teams
3. Rye (4-0) passes league test with 34-8 victory over Calhan
4. Limon (3-1) can't move up after losing to No. 1 Akron
5. Burlington (3-1) recovers from loss to No. 1 Akron by blasting Holyhoke 43-0
6. Wray (3-1) 34-14 over Salida
7. Hotchkiss (4-0) another close one 15-12 over a tough Paonia squad but another win
8. Calhan (3-1) drops first game of the season 34-8 to No. 3 Rye
9. Lyons (3-1) can't hang with the big boys after getting blasted by No. 2 Yuma 33-6
10. Front Range Christian (3-1) no longer unbeaten after losing to Resurrection Christian 22-8
NOTES: Four teams lost in the top 10 including Limon, which was blasted by No. 1 Akron 31-14 but still gets respect. … Also losing but staying in the top 10 are Calhan, Lyons and Front Range Christian.
1. Dayspring Christian (4-0) another lopsided 64-14 win over Sedgwick County this week
2. Merino (4-0) 50-0 over Haxtun to keep pace with Dayspring
3. Caliche (4-0) comes off bye to pound Longmont Christian 52-13
4. Walsh (4-0) hammers McClave 44-6
5. Swink (4-0) close 36-34 win over improved Manzanola team to remain unbeaten
NOTES: All five teams in the rankings win over the weekend although Swink had a scare with its two-point win over Manzanola. … A team to watch is La Veta, which is now 5-0 and has been cruising in the Mountain Division South.
1. Hi-Plains (4-0) gives up 28 points in 54-28 win over Deer Trail
2. Idalia (4-0) keeps pace with 48-12 rout of Peetz
3. Otis (4-0) can score with anyone as 86-16 win over Lone Star proves
4. Prairie (4-0) gives up points but wins anyway 52-40 over Pawnee
5. South Baca (3-1) moves into rankings with only loss to an out-of-state team
NOTES: The top four teams continue their winning ways although top-ranked Hi-Plains and No. 4 Prairie give up a bunch of points. … South Baca fills the No. 5 spot, which has been difficult to fill all season. … Peetz falls back out of rankings after getting blasted by No. 2 Idalia.
article updated on 11/3/09 12:02